User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2008 evo mr valued at dealership at $15k.

Hello y'all,
    So I tried to sell my 2008 evo x mr with clean 34,000 miles on it, I went to the mitsubishi dealer ship had them appraise my car , according to the kelly blue book the value should be around $20k , $2k more more less. Turns out they would buy it for $15k , they low ball me by saying because of the aftermarket wheels, air intake and a few minor paint chip on the front lip is what lower the car value . It seems to me like they expect a show car like condition , and not a used car.
    Feeling insulted I walked out.
    Why I didn't want to sell it by myself ?, because I didn't want some douchebag beat the living shit out of my car and tell me they'll think about it.
    Do you guys think $15k seems about right or not?.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely low but that's what you get for the convenience of being able to just drop it off and collect a check. The premium for that is usually at least a few grand since they have to fix all the stuff you noted and still sell it for a reasonable profit. Don't be afraid to give Carmax a shot, I was pleasantly surprised with what they offered me. In hindsight, I should have taken it.
    2012 Lancer Evolution MR - Wicked White

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already took it to car max , they are willing to take it for $17K , still bellow the blue book value and my goal. As for the mitsubishi dealership , I didn't simply drop it off , I sat in the waiting room the whole time. They just low ball me that it ain't worth shit , if they don't have the money to buy it at at value price they could simply just say "We are on a budget and we'll buy it for $15k" without insulting me.
    I learned that the Kelly blue book value falls into the dealers favor because when you buy it from them you buy it at the highest value and when you sell it at a great lost , below the lowest value.
    Guess I'll be keeping my evo for the long haul.
    Last edited by ziobryc; March 18th, 2017 at 09:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I was right that CarMax had a better offer What stealership did you take it to for you quote?

Also, RS motors has an autox event @ dctc today. Great place to park an Evo with a for sale sign on it.
    2012 Lancer Evolution MR - Wicked White

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KVandy15 View Post
    Hey I was right that CarMax had a better offer What stealership did you take it to for you quote?

Also, RS motors has an autox event @ dctc today. Great place to park an Evo with a for sale sign on it.
    What is the best way to sell an Evo: track, CL, forum...? I can't believe it, but there are only one or two 8/9's on Craigslist right now. This is a perfect setup for me to sell my 8
    2003 Tarmac Black Evo VIII GSR

Thread Information