User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmspaz View Post
    It's pretty easy. There are two special tools to get if you do; there's an insert for holding the cam gears in place and a tool for the tensioner pulley. The former is highly recommended, the latter is necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by apex8 View Post
    Anyone have these tools I could borrow this weekend? I ordered parts last night for doing a 60k service on my '04, but I neglected to order the tools.
    Hrmmmm, mod day?!?
    2003 Tarmac Black Evo VIII GSR

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM me for my number and ill let you barrow my cam gear lock and the tension rod thingy majig tool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotsauce View Post
    PM me for my number and ill let you barrow my cam gear lock and the tension rod thingy majig tool.
    Pm'd!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVS_DAN View Post
    Hrmmmm, mod day?!?
    You know me well enough to know that there isn't much on a car that I'd be wary of tackling, but a timing belt on a mod day just isn't on the list of things I'd want to do. It's a time consuming job, and you usually have to reset the timing a few times before you get it right, since everything shifts when you apply tension. Generally I end up spending over 10 hours in the garage when I do it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmspaz View Post
    You know me well enough to know that there isn't much on a car that I'd be wary of tackling, but a timing belt on a mod day just isn't on the list of things I'd want to do. It's a time consuming job, and you usually have to reset the timing a few times before you get it right, since everything shifts when you apply tension. Generally I end up spending over 10 hours in the garage when I do it.
    Screw that. I'll leave it to Ronnie Racer to get er taken care of right!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word to the wise; don't change fluids in the cold. It takes forever. Need a warm car and drivetrain, and new fluids that have been sitting in a warm place.

Helpful Links
    Transmission Fluid Change: http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tech_id=26
    Transfer Case Fluid Change: http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tPath=2&tech_id=25
    Tranny/Transfer/Rear Diff: http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo...d-changes.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great ownership qualities! I've had my evo maintenced for it's 120k last year and it's like having a new car. But hey while you're there might as well throw a cam and some turbo upgrades? I had Aaron Cook do mine. He's a pro with all things cars.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marysville View Post
    Great ownership qualities! I've had my evo maintenced for it's 120k last year and it's like having a new car. But hey while you're there might as well throw a cam and some turbo upgrades? I had Aaron Cook do mine. He's a pro with all things cars.
    I'll consider that if I find myself wandering in WA.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out Ronnie himself can already get me in within a week! I probably would go with bigger cams and make the E85 switch, but the car is being sold. i'm having trouble finding anyone that can get financing, so no need to build it more

Thread Information